View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 18:34   #12522
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Woke up this morning to a clear blue sky, the sound of helicopters and the sight of elite SBS troops doing helicopter parachute training overhead. We've also been lucky enough to see some of their seaborne activities from the beach. Osem jnr#2 was fascinated by all the activity.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
It feels wrong to write this in a happy thought thread but last night a Marie Curie Nurse stayed with my Mum from 9:45 to 7am this morning to allow my Dad to get a full nights sleep. It has been arranged that this will be done three times per week, I'm pleased that my Dad it is getting help and getting a good nights sleep as I was worried that he might not be able to rest but he said today that he was quite surprised that he went out like a light and got up at 6:30 he said this made a huge difference knowing that his wife is getting cared for by professionals. My sister and I have been going over and staying one night a week between us but our Dad was up and down like a yo yo checking on our Mum, I'm just glad that he is getting some rest & managing to get some sleep. My Dad is right these people are the professionals and truly worth their weight in gold imo.
Yes they are wonderful and it's great that the service is there for you. Mrs Osem volunteers for a local hospice a few hours a week and she'd be the first to sing the praises of those who choose to devote themselves to such a worthy cause whether paid or not. There are plenty of caring people about and frankly we don't hear enough about them.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote