View Single Post
Old 24-04-2014, 16:50   #164
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I am in the process of gradually updating the system we use for students and staff to book equipment out. Finally managed to get a page (where each user can look at their own history of what they booked) working without taking 5 minutes to load. The reason it took a long time is that some users have a lot of bookings, and each booking generates lookups on 4 database tables, so refreshing the page *can* generate over 1,000 lookups.

Managed to get it to limit the number of bookings displayed at any one time by filtering the data by month, with an option to go to the previous month or next month.

Although the annoying thing is that the page works fine on the IIS server running on my own machine. However, we have a legitimate test site to use for development and testing, so I'd copied it to this, and went to look at it on the web browser. Nothing. No errors, just a blank page. Did View Source, got nothing. This is despite turning on the PHP error display and getting it to display all errors, notices and warnings.

The most annoying part is that if I connect to the server and run the php script that contains the page on the command line, it works fine.
Sorted that. I'd written a function to sort the data that was causing errors on the server.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote