View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 19:24   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
All good things come to those who wait

I had to start a new thread because this is one is a lot more positive than the previous one. For those who have been keeping track I started this off 2 weeks ago http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...joke-ever.html

To cut a long story short I upgraded to 100mbit and was assured by 2 people when I booked the upgrade that I could defo keep my VMNG300. I asked if I could be upgraded over the phone and was told that I needed to wait for an engineer visit to make sure the power levels were okay etc etc and I did ask why I couldn't be upgraded over the phone and only have an engineer if there were any probs and I was told that wasn't possible.
I had to wait 2 weeks for an engineer to come round who took away my VMNG300 and gave me a shub which refused to pull more than 36mbits on speed tests. I speny many hours on the phone to everyone you can think of trying to get my old my modem back only to be told it was impossible and that my speed test problems lay with my pc even though I always got 50mbit in speed tests before. They sent me a second shub and when I rang the number on the box to get the mac registered (after being on hold for 20 mins) I was told that I had to be put through to someone else for 100mbit activations and then I was on hold for another 15 mins. I still had the same probs with the second shub.

Anyways.............I know I have taken the pee out of people doing this before but I fired off an email to the CEOs office and explained everything in intricate detail and a very nice chap rang me back and I explained the problems I was having and how I had been lied to by at least 3 peeps.
Now this is the best bit. He told me that I should have been upgraded straight away over the phone when I rang up and they should have only booked an engineer if I was having problems, the engineer should have left me with my VMNG300 and the VMNG300 can handle 100mbit without breaking a sweat, which contradicts all the rubbish I had been told on the phone and follows my logic quite nicely.

He banged a VMNG300 in the post to me yesterday which arrived today. I rang the same number on the box again expecting to be told I would have to be transferred but the dude on the phone was more than happy to do it for me. As soon as it was up and running I ran a speed test and everything was back to normal again.

I must say that I am a very happy chappy and kudos to the dude (i won't say his name) in the CEOs office who was so helpful. To the people who lied to me and wasted the last 3 weeks when I could have kept my old modem and been upgraded over the phone Mod Edit

With the shub

With the VMNG300 (this is a million times better. I don't expect it to be perfect on a Friday evening and I am over the moon with this)

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote