View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 13:10   #4602
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
So with my subscription I currently watch shows and movies from Sky , NBC Universal , ABC , Fox , HBO , Showtime , Disney , Warner Bros , Paramount , Viacom , UKTV , Discovery , Nat Geo plus much much more.

How much is this liable to cost me when I have to subscribe separately considering I currently get all the above for around £30.
But that's part of a deal, right? What is the full cost for what you are getting outside of this special offer? That's what you should be comparing with. There will be offers with streaming services as well, as demonstrated with the Sky Netflix arrangements.

Certainly to date my streaming services cost rather less than the digital channels do. As I said, it's only if you take both, as we do now in this house, that it works out more expensive.

You mustn't forget also that not all streaming services would be to your liking, so you wouldn't get them all. Given the amount of material on each service, you could decide, for example, to subscribe to Netflix for a couple of years (or even months) and then go to Amazon for a period. The absence of minimum contract periods would enable a lot of switching to take place, if you wanted to keep bills low.

We have yet to see how sports streaming works out, however. Early days yet.