View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 21:44   #2295
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post

is it actually service affecting? looks like just an issue between TBB and VM
It grieves me to say so, but I have just run a series of speed tests Speedtest.net/NAMESCO and I am getting < 40Mb. Also on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory my ping is >100Ms; worse than the average 40Ms for other players.

I reckon we are getting a mixed effect/cause here. VM's connection to TBB has never been that good, so it will sometimes appear relatively bad. However, this does not explain the abrupt arrival and disappearance of the blip each evening. Neither does it explain some of the service effects that others and now I have been reporting. Is someone throwing a switch? Is it an automated and timed response to expected congestion issues aimed at avoiding wholesale outages, but at the qualitative expense of everybody's evening service?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote