View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 19:00   #32
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media UK to remove V+ HD Boxes from network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
And to think VM used to blame the BBC for all iPlayer issues on Tivo ! I think the Beeb are due an apology....
Given iPlayer app uses BBC servers, their servers are part of the equation, but I think the original VM Tivo hardware was pushed to its limits by the complexity of both the Tivo OS and the iPlayer app itself. The app and OS needed more memory (I don't mean hard disk) and/or faster processor to properly do their job. Which the V6 has, and the difference is obvious and significant.

The blame isn't all one party's fault.

As memory prices fell I often thought it might have been worth VM's while to get engineers to slot in extra RAM. Sure the processor would have been the same but it might have been a cost effective way to alleviate customer complaints. A stopgap of sorts.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote