View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 20:56   #907
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

"Someone suggested that an IP address might be construed as "personally identifiable" data"

that would be me, and it was the head EU data commissioner that said your IP address is personal data, and he should know what he's talking about...

"I'm asking them not to process my data " implys his 'Personal data' and you need to be careful about your wording in the notice.

and remember its a Notice (were you instruct the data controller what they can or cant do with your personal data property),not a Complaint.

if you blankly remove their rights to process all your data then they cant then bill you for its use (Not a good idea),and so on.

removing the right to export (without qualification) would stop them exporting said data to the offshore customer care personel, and so on.

if you read your T&C contract you will see you give them the right to process your data for as long your under the contract, however you have the right to alter any personal data rights you might have given them (in the T&C)at any time, hence the DPA notice you send them to do as you instruct.