View Single Post
Old 13-12-2016, 09:50   #3153
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
More deals on the TV streaming front. This one appears to be for new customers only.

Sign up for TV Player Plus using promo code "PLUS2016" to get your first month free and your following 2 months for £2.49.

Over a year it works out at £49.89 or £4.15 per month on average. Of course your free to leave anytime. I think it's a great deal for 30 of the most popular pay TV channels.

As posted earlier the Now TV Entertainment pass for a year works out at £3.16 per month. That deal plus the TV Player Plus deal gives you almost all of the top pay TV channels for only £7.31 per month. No wonder people are moving away from conventional TV.
Couldn't agree more. VM are getting a call at the weekend where I'll be downgrading to the lowest TV option possible. We can't get freeview so need cable to get most free to air channels sadle and cable is the most convenient option.

I've worked out that if I buy enough vouchers from Currys to do me the year and add my Netflix subs and my Amazon subs (which kind of don't count fully due to the free delivery and cloud storage included) I'd be £23 a month for all of them, which also includes the movies and the Now TV kids sub (which is excellent value on its own in my opinion). The one show I'm waiting on to air is Hell on Wheels but I've figured that I'd be cheaper just renting/buying that from Amazon when it becomes available than paying VM an increased monthly sub for 3/4 months.

I'm also hoping Santa is going to deliver a couple of Roku devices so I can have the 3 main subs in one place, and I can make use of their search and "My Feed" feature although if that doesn't prove to be as useful as promised I might get a V6 and make use of the serieslink+ feature to keep track of on demand content.

TV Player looks great but not all the channels are available on all the platforms.....essentially if you want to watch on the TV through a set top box/tv app you don't get the full suite (unless that's changed recently).

I've found that streaming services are even more convenient that recording shows in order to timeshift. With the streaming services I don't even have to wait for a broadcast time...for example I was off last Thursday when the new series of Vikings became available on Amazon. I just watched it after dropping the kids off at School. if that were on a traditional channel I'd have been waiting till after it was broadcast (which certainly wouldn't be at 9:30 in the morning).