Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2020, 11:34   #1011
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
But Sky can't plan what games they are going to show in UHD until they are given the fixtures. Then Virgin will be in a position to reveal when it's launching.

I know they will be also be showing Movies and documenteries in UHD so I reckon it will all launch to coincide with the start of the football season which I've been suggesting since last years announcement.
A total red herring - sky know that certain games will be in UHD based on time and date etc - it isn't decided on which particular game is when.

It doesn't matter what game is in UHD - just, for example, the 4pm kick-off on a Sunday is in UHD.

This time last year we were expecting some Sky football matches in UHD from The start of last season - we don't seem to have progressed in a year.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have been assuming that UHD and the expanded Sky content will be available from August, but I've not seen any confirmation of this anywhere. The deal was made in July 2019, so I would be surprised if we had to wait much longer, frankly.
I'm surprised we haven't already got it.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote