View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 16:56   #3392
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
... but Taf has a point.
In an ideal world, yes, of course it'd be great if I could click my fingers and go back to normal. I'd much rather be in a city centre pub having a pint rather than drinking a post work beer in my spare room chatting with you on an internet forum

We get back to normal sooner by reducing the virus to near zero, with a competent (and massive) track, test, trace, isolate system in place. In the absence of these we are essentially relying on sheer luck that community transmission doesn't get out of control. If it did, a further lockdown would be inevitable.

The idea of thousands of deaths per day and everyone waking up on the weekend and going for a needless trip into towns and cities for non-essential shopping, bars, restaurants, cafes, cinemas is simply ridiculous. All of these being areas where staff will simply be let go. For a start tens of thousands will have funerals to go to.

The economy simply tanks either way.