View Single Post
Old 16-09-2014, 14:46   #2284
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Perhaps the Government are bearing in mind the negative economic effects of breaking up the Union - the first split up of a democratic (continuously, not post Soviet) country in the last hundred years.

Perhaps continuing the Barnett Formula makes economic sense then?

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
Agreed.

Also, the Scottish independence referendum really only happened because it was assumed the vote would be a definitive no, a sure thing. Once it became apparent that the result might not be so predictable, the gov is suddenly having kittens....

Just like a lot of things really, we'll only get a referendum on the EU when the gov is certain they'll get their way. Is that really democracy when the gov only allows us a say when they're sure they'll get their way? I really don't think so, although it gives the illusion of democracy, this time its backfired and possibly too many people have seen through their BS. Too many, as in the gov might just lose this little gamble.

I'm all for a divorce from Westminster, and I hope the Yes camp win. If the rest of us ever get the chance to divorce from Westminster, I sure hope we do the right thing and vote Yes too.
Not sure regions like the South West and the North East could survive economically on their own.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote