View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 13:11   #2119
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
So disabled people over 65 don't need to get around? Lock them indoors where they can't be seen by society?

Another anomaly is that Carers lose their "allowance" (now the princely sum off £66.15 for a MINIMUM 35 hour week) the day they get their State Pension.

No-one steps in to take over their role.

And I believe that Carers Allowance is under threat. Two Carers I talk with have been told to complete a diary over 4 weeks, showing how much time they spend caring. Bureaucracy on top of their already tough roles.

And letters announcing the 2% rise in Carers Allowance are filled with information on their rights to flexible working, but if you earn too much you lose the "allowance".
I suppose the assumption is that they're not forgoing a job in order to do the caring.

They may be eligible for other extra benefits.
Quote:
Most Carers aged 65 or over won't be able to receive the Carers Allowance in full, because Carers Allowance overlaps with the state retirement pension. However they may receive an increased amount of the income related benefits (Pension Credit, Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit).
Quote:
If you get the State Pension you won’t be paid Carer’s Allowance. But don’t be put off making a claim, because if you’re eligible then you could be awarded extra Pension Credit or Housing Benefit instead.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote