View Single Post
Old 24-01-2014, 10:00   #216
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
and that is exactly what they should do. I can't remember what the speed increases were supposed to be (50/100/152) but you can't tell me people who are currently 60/3 are going to be uplifted to 100/3. I know 50mbits originall started out as 50/1.75 and 100/3 is just doubling it but it would seriously be taking the pee.
I completely agree. The thing that gives me hope is that we've observed them working on the upstream in several areas now. We've seen quite a few people on QAM64 (And one on QAM32?), I think everyone is on 2 US channels now (With an indication that there may be 3 or 4 coming) and we've now caught them using higher frequencies as well. Hopefully they're anticipating the 10:1 uplift and not just trying to add capacity to catch up with congestion.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote