View Single Post
Old 19-05-2021, 19:19   #247
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Well, here is a link to an article which appeared in January which will be music to the ears of those who still believe that there will be a place for existing linear channels as well as streamers in the longer term. Not a view I agree with obviously, but I thought it was about time I provided a little light relief for those who rigorously continue to hold to that view.

However, there is a cautionary note in here if you look closely - that is that when you give the audience the opportunity to exercise choice and control the viewing themselves, they will get used to doing so.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...hannels-doomed

All of this against the background of more and more channels closing down, often because the content is going to a streamer.

Those lost recently include:

3 Disney children’s channels
Sky Cinema Disney
Discovery Home and Health
Discovery Shed
Travel Channel
3 MTV channels
VH1

Other channel closures announced:

Fox

Channels which may be closed as a result of AT&T merger with Discovery:

Discovery Channel
Animal Planet
TLC
DMAX
Investigation Discovery
Discovery Science
Discovery History
Discovery Turbo
Quest
Quest Red
Food Network
Really
HGTV
Eurosport 1 & 2

Other channels rumoured to close soon:

National Geographic
Wild
AMC

Change of emphasis to streaming

Channel 4

Last edited by OLD BOY; 19-05-2021 at 19:24.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote