Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:17   #6054
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The referendum result was leave and not a no-deal. The electorate overwhelmingly rejected no-deal at the last election. Why do you have an issue with MPs carrying out the Will of the People? I sincerely hope it's not because you want no deal and wish to ignore the electorate's wishes?
The electorate did no such thing. 18 year olds, who know nothing about anything voted for that idiot Corbyn. And you well know that.

Some of you Remainers certainly know how to be bold with disingenuousness.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Their duty is to safeguard the integrity & prosperity of this country and its citizens. Anything, and I mean anything, that compromises this duty can and should be challenged.

The comedy gold in all of this is the "take back control" and "sovereignty" babbling of the Leave campaign. I mean here is it folks: Parliament taking back control and asserting its sovereignty.

Don't you just love it ...
As you well know, the "sovereignty" that we want is post-Brexit. The "sovereignty" now being claimed is a mechanism for denying a post-Brexit sovereignty which is anti-democratic in the light of the Referendum.

My advice is at your risk.