View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 10:59   #1074
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Not defending Boris or the Govt. but . .

Isn't it also correct that people in red listed countries were flying to green/amber countries, and from there to the UK?

Do you think if India had been placed on the red list immediately, nobody in India would have done the same?

I guess it only takes one infected person to get through . . from anywhere
I doubt other countries would have accepted passengers from India, just desperate BoJo. In Australia, anyone flying back from India could get thrown in jail.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56953052

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You're twisting the argument to suit your narrative.

I wasn't referring to the Indian variant in terms of what you call the "Brexit bonus".

Furthermore, the Brexit orientation of Kate Bingham (or for that matter Matt Hancock) is neither here nor there. By not being in the EU we were not controlled by Brussels who have ensured that there is uniformity across the EU over the vaccine delivery rate.

As regards the Indian variant, sure - Boris took the wrong decision as you've described. But looking at the national and regional data, the hospital pressure and death rate does not match the positive case count.

This being a Brexit thread, it seems obvious to most other than the diehard Remainers that the vaccine rollout here has been much better than in the EU.
No one's denying that the vaccine roll-out in the UK has been better than most of Europe. But to attribute that to Brexit is erroneous, although I accept that many people do link the two. But there is a link to do a trade deal and the favourable travel treatment from India compared to Pakistan and India.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote