View Single Post
Old 13-07-2019, 14:32   #5596
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What prevents them bidding is no plan for a return on investment. How many times do I have to repeat it? They know it themselves (hence no meaningful bids and Sky getting more for less than in the previous auction).
How do you know that Amazon doesn't have a plan? Where is your evidence for this? You are making so many suppositions with this theory of yours and frankly, I don't find your conclusions to be credible.

I accept it is your view, but you present this as fact. I know full well that Amazon may not go down the route I have put forward, I am simply speculating on what might happen. But you are very dogmatic in saying that Amazon will not do this that one wonders what it is that makes you so sure.

It was not long ago that people on this forum were saying that Virgin would never get Prime onto its system because of the competition with its own channels, despite the fact that John Malone had already expressed his desire to see his cable companies becoming super aggregators of content.

Perhaps you just enjoy being perverse, in which case I will try not to spoil your fun too much!