View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 16:33   #710
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Is broadband really a deal breaker? How many million homes have insufficient bandwidth to view Netflix or Amazon?

I’m not convinced the business model is going to be made or broken from that number.
And yet you say that Amazon could not make it pay even with the number of Sky Sports subscribers.

Clearly it does matter, as does having sufficient bandwidth and reliable broadband. If Amazon did win the Sky or BT share of the Premiership rights, they would not want to be inundated with complaints about blocking, stuttering and the like, with all the bad publicity that would generate.

This is why I linked my suggestion that Amazon or one of the other global streamers might make a serious bid next time around, provided that the broadband infrastructure we have been promised is largely in place by then.