View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 10:40   #26
Robertus
cf.addict

Robertus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Akamai Cache Congestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Confirms my theory it's the akamai cache virgin's dns hijacking is sending you to (i think).

No idea how we'd get this raised to anyone in Virgin, i havent tried with virgin's own DNS, it's strange everything is fine with that

I wonder if VM have forgotten they were hijacking other DNS to an old cache, and as most customers will use their default DNS its not been brought up before now
So to confirm:

My in-laws:

Using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as DNS entries on the Asus router

My house:

Using pihole, in docker on my Synology DS918+ and cloudflare (NOT cloudflarED)

Both pretty much started at the same time, roughly 2-3 months ago.

Spiderplant, I realise this isn't your bag, but could provide any assistance to getting this looked at by the relevant team? If not no worries, appreciate your responses regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Confirms my theory it's the akamai cache virgin's dns hijacking is sending you to (i think).

No idea how we'd get this raised to anyone in Virgin, i havent tried with virgin's own DNS, it's strange everything is fine with that

I wonder if VM have forgotten they were hijacking other DNS to an old cache, and as most customers will use their default DNS its not been brought up before now

Strange it worked, wouldn't put it past reverting to type and failling next time I try :lol:
Robertus is offline   Reply With Quote