Thread: Amazon Lord of the Rings Series
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2022, 09:37   #56
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Lord of the Rings Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Just clicked that, and the trailer played as an advert before the trailer then played as a video

Looks very good tho. They seem to be sticking close to the production design of Jackson’s films, although having said that, those films deliberately leaned on conceptual art by John Howe who has been illustrating Middle Earth since he was a teenager, long before the Jackson films. There’s a very clear sense amongst fans of what Middle Earth ‘should’ look like, which any TV producer would ignore at their peril.

(Edit) New Line is involved in the new show, presumably because they still hold the rights, which would also clear any copyright issues around reflecting the production design of the films.

Tolkien's own pictures in "The Hobbit" are what I think of as Middle Earth. The rest is my own imagination.