Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 19:50   #39
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit(New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It'll probably be a 3 month extension and a no deal. They just cannot agree on anything and three months won't change that.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Easier said than done, I think, jfman. There's no majority for any course of action as things stand. They should just let no deal happen automatically and start negotiations on the trade deal. Maybe the EU will agree to a protection period to allow trade to continue on the present basis, which will be of benefit to both sides. But I wouldn't stake my life on it.
I agree it’s easier said than done, but something has to give at some point and the uncertainty isn’t doing anyone any good.

No deal will be catastrophic, with illegal tariffs and no leverage in any future negotiations with anyone.

I’m not convinced letting no deal happen because of ineptitude, and essentially sabotage by the ERG, is a price the country should pay. Members of the ERG are on record saying it could be 50 years before we see the economic benefit.