View Single Post
Old 14-08-2009, 10:13   #18
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Hijack customers browser search options

Quote:
Originally Posted by APS View Post
OpenDNS have servers all over the place, including one location in London. I use them at home and at work and speed has never been an issue, in fact I originally switched during a bad patch of reliability for Virgins servers.

However they do make their money of redirecting failed DNS requests in exactly the same way as Virgin so if that is a concern to you they are not an alternative.
OpenDNS making money off my choice to use them is of no concern to me whatsoever. They provide an excellent service at zero cost to me.

What I object to in principle is paying a high price for a product just to find that some form of extra financial exploitation has been implemented.

I was all for the old principle of advert supported software for free against the full paid product as advert free, but when someone tries a variation of both to enhance their bottom line I see it as exploitation.
Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote