Thread: Tivo V6 Retention Dept gone?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 14:22   #78
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Retention Dept gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Your analogy does not justify your argument. If there are special offers on at the supermarket, the nature of those offers is displayed and apply to everyone at that time. That does not involve haggling and is fairly applied.
It involves going out your way and buying at the opportune moment, even declining an opportunity to purchase from time to time.

Unless you live 24/7 in a supermarket the rationale stands. You can walk way and come back if there’s a better price that suits you. They don’t issue retrospective refunds to people who miss discounts, do they?

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I always ring at contract end when price goes to full.

I would never pay full and will happily switch supplier if retentions can't do anything for me.
It’s not rocket science. If someone is so vulnerable as to be incapable of straightforward capitalist transactions then surely family members or the social care system should be involved? There’s far greater cons out there than the fact I get a small discount on my tv/broadband they’d be exposed to.

Last edited by jfman; 16-05-2019 at 14:29.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote