View Single Post
Old 29-08-2020, 15:55   #3335
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In fairness Seph, I wasn't sure if your post was tongue in cheek or not.

For starters, giving Scotland a 60% hurdle when the Brexit vote just needed a simple majority is just going to inflame matters and play to the nationalist cause. And rejoin upto two years incentives Scots to give it a go as there is a lifeboat waiting if it all goes pear-shaped.
I'll leave it here.
Indeed, it specifically goes against the 'norms' we've established on referenda on constitutional matters.

The rest of the post is, broadly, confrontational. Indeed, had the EU drawn such arbitrary red (or blue) lines in terms of the UK future relationship withe the EU many on this forum would be furious.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
He's the same in nearly every post mate, if you don't agree with his views then you are wrong!
I've not said, in this thread, that anyone is out and out wrong. There's a few people misunderstanding how macroeconomic levers work, but I don't think they are approaching the discussion in bad faith.

Seph is, rightly I suppose, creating a high bar in England's interest (why wouldn't England seek to do so?) whether any reasonable person in Scotland would agree with them or not is a different matter.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote