View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36   #1986
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Somewhat inconveniently for Yes Scotland, they also published a poll this weekend. Panelbase, their favourite pollster, says it's Y:44, N:48, D/K:8. With Don't knows stripped out it's 52-48 in favour of No.

It's well worth having a look at the poll tracker at www.http://whatscotlandthinks.org/ . Survation, Panelbase and Yougov are all polling regularly at the moment, but Yougov is the only one showing any significant shift from No to Yes. Something peculiar is happening, but I can't quite make up my mind what it is. I am sure, however, that Scotland is not in the middle of a sudden and dramatic shift to Yes.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Won't Scotland and lose out on GDP and tax income, when certain companies move south?
Yes. Absent a currency union, almost the entire banking sector will be required by EU law to become domiciled in the remaining UK.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote