View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 22:12   #773
none
Inactive

none is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
While I'm here, I should say my opinion on this whole thing is that all Phorm's assurances about user consent obtained 'via their ISP' isn't worth a hill of beans, because Phorm is well aware that the ISPs are planning to use an opt-in rather than an opt-out system to gain 'consent' from their victim-customers. Phorm is therefore complicit in this, no matter how hard it may wriggle and point the finger at the likes of Virgin and BT.

The ISPs are not going to implement an opt-in system because if they did, next to nobody would bother to opt in, and the whole process would become rather pointless and more to the point, would make them a whole lot less money.

Our best strategy here is to acknowledge the ISPs are not going to alter this policy, unless they are convinced the whole thing is making them so unpopular it's in their interests to totally abandon it.

In the meantime, the more we shout for customers to opt out, the better. It's the only weapon we have, and hopefully it will hit them in the pocket, which let's face it is the only place it really hurts if you inhabit the secluded alternate universe of the Virgin boardroom.
totally agree with that. Its so spot on its making my eyes water

Just remember people, be prepared to vote with your wallets when it comes to crunch time.

No retreat No surrender.