View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 13:52   #315
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You know what, I couldn’t care less.

There will no longer be a miriad of channels such as ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITV Be, etc. It will just be ITV with content categorised. Sky is already running with this by categorising its channels by subject or type. When Sky is fully IPTV, the content on these channels will easily fit into these new categories. Stick to that concept and you might finally grasp the argument.

Scripted content will not be scheduled. EastEnders, for example will be added at the same time of day as all the rest of the scripted content for that day, possibly at 6am. EPGs will cease to exist, although there will be a means of seeing when live sports coverage, etc, will be available, as there is now.

Whether you want to call that linear or shmilear, I really have no concern whatsoever.
Now, now, OB.

It’s your own contortions that have got you into this mess, not mine.

Nobody has disputed that live sports coverage can be streamed - Amazon do a perfectly capable job yet you seem to add in this odd and unnecessary caveat. As if, for example, a sports channel with live sports, news and magazine content would somehow be disqualified from being a linear channel as understood by the rest of the forum.

As for your “one box” does a Fire TV or an Apple TV not fit your objective today?

If not in what ways are they deficient, and what incentives to they have (or not) to resolve said deficiencies given they are the biggest companies in the world?
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote