View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 17:50   #465
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Cars: Japanese
Phones: Not made in the EU
Laptops: Not made in the EU
Clothes: Not made in the EU
Wine: No longer from the EU
TV: Japanese

Cheese: Not made in the EU
Gherkins: Polish
Mustard: Polish

Salami: Stopped eating
Fruit: Not from the EU

Daily Telegraph: A reasonable newspaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The survey wasn’t about food shopping, it was about buying goods direct from the EU, not about buying EU goods already in our stores...

Re food shopping, I agree with you - I try to buy British, and even then, local foodstuffs if possible.

Haven’t found anywhere in Yorkshire growing bananas, pineapples, and citrus fruit, though...

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

You were doing so well until then...

btw, if you’re using Google, the data centres that you use are in the EU (Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, & Finland)....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
That's an extremely simplistic way to view things. Not wrong, just very simplistic.
You're absolutely right - I could have pointed out that 1.64 million Japanese cars were made in Europe in 2019 (as very few of the bigger-selling Japanese vehicles are built in Japan and exported to the UK), so there is a reasonable likelyhood his car was made there (and if it was made in the UK, there would have been a lot of European-manufactured parts in it).

I could have pointed out that most Japanese makes of TVs are built in Europe (Sony in Slovakia, LG in Poland, Samsung in Hungary & Slovakia, Panasonic in the Czech Republic).

If he has a Dell laptop, it will have been built in Limerick.

But I didn't, because, after all, it was just a throwaway joke line, so I thought a "not wrong, just very simplistic" answer was more appropriate...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote