Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 12:08   #749
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I read the 50% standard linear TV programs as Freeview/Digital TV programs (BBC, ITV, etc,) - that is what my mum- in-law watches. I surmised the other 50% as a mixture of Cable, Sky, & streaming services such as Prime & Netflix.

You thought of the other 50% as VOD - in both cases, confirmation bias appears to be in play (in my case, informed by various seniors that I know viewing habits).

Re the "one subscription at a time" - do you really believe that people will want to be switching all the time, a couple of times a month?

Exactly.

OB has always had the idea that people will be forever changing their subscription.

It would be interesting how often people change their satellite/cable subscription - this would give a reasonable indication of people's likely habits in this respect.

And to reply to OB - all outgoing a need to be reviewed, which certainly includes broadband.

My current BB usage is limited to email and browsing the Internet - I can do that on my smartphone so why would I need BB at all, don't really need it now apart from enabling me to watch sport on Sky/BT sports

Last edited by Raider999; 06-06-2020 at 12:11.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote