Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 20:28   #744
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I meant for installation, not ongoing costs. I too doubt that the Government would pay for that. Maybe the poorer members of society will get a subsidy like gas/electric or a no frills cheap option will be offered like some companies already do for phone (for essential calls) and broadband??

If poorer pensioners are still able to get a free TVL (or the TVL no longer exists by the time DTT is switched off), it may be suggested that this offsets some or all of the cost of their broadband??

Installation is a minor problem compared with £30-40pm for a reasonable speed broadband.

Most pensioners cannot afford that - I know when I retire my wife will be pushing me to cut the amount I spend on TV, which of course is ironic as I will have a lot more time to watch it.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote