Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 20:54   #1272
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nice try - but from your question it sounds like you don’t understand how the proposal, revision and acceptance of EU law actually works.

The Commission proposes and develops legislation. The Parliament must be consulted and may propose amendments (which the Commission does not have to accept). The Parliament must consent to the final formulation and may withhold that consent (but in practice, does not), and the Council of Ministers takes the final decision on whether to enact. In the Council, we have one elected representative out of 28 and an ever-shrinking number of areas in which they can exercise a veto.

That’s the process which I’m pretty sure you didn’t previously understand ... no need to thank me.

And I stand by my claim that the pretend parliament is more or less an irrelevance in the overall process.
Yup, winner of the most patronising post of the year so far. Your obvious bias invalidates any attempt at objective analysis.