View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 09:00   #116
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: North Korea

Right now the only hope I can see for NK is for someone - either his own people or the Americans/Russians/Chinese/who-bloody-ever - to take that nutter out. If there was ever anyone who needed to be assassinated (hi, Echelon!), it's him. Knocking him off would at least delay what seems to be heading towards the third use of nukes in combat.

And let's be realistic: even after SALT, SALT II etc., the US still possesses enough megatonnage to remove any country you care to name from the face of this planet. I honestly don't trust Trump with that sort of power...or anyone, really. I don't trust him not to launch a nuclear response if NK is insane enough to allow this to go any further. Trouble is, there are bound to be countries taking sides in this - some don't have nukes...but some do.

RizzyKing's right to ask who's helping them; it's clear someone is, because how the hell have they suddenly acquired the H-bomb?! It almost makes me wonder if someone's doing a Kettlewell:

DOCTOR: Tell me one thing, Professor Kettlewell. Why?
KETTLEWELL: For years I have been trying to persuade people to stop spoiling this planet, Doctor. Now, with the help of my friends, I can make them!

Whoever's doing it, is it possible they actually think they're doing the right thing? If so, they need exposing and locking up ASAP.