View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 13:32   #5300
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
They are the exact same channel , do you even know what you are talking about ? You talk like it's something brand new.

Both Sky and Virgin Media have been distributing linear broadcast channels over IP for ages with Sky Go and VM TV Anywhere or whatever they call it these days.

Your main point was the linear channels would be gone forever clearly not.
You are ignoring completely what I am saying.

It should be crystal clear by now that I am talking about the TV channels that are made available by our transmitters, cable and satellite. In other words, the traditional broadcast channels.

I have always said that live TV in the future will be streamed TV, although in my view, anything other than news and sport is not likely to be too popular a means by which people watch by that method. For that reason, they would have to make their streamed services more attractive if the broadcasters wanted them to be available in the future, as the Beeb have done on their i-Player.

The Pluto TV-style viewing experience will still appeal to some, but I think it's only a matter of time before non-live events are watched mainly by way of VOD.

To be clear, it is the method of delivery I have been talking about, not specifically the channels themselves made available by alternative means, although these will not be so popular in time and will decline because simply VOD will be far easier to access. I mean, why would anyone go to the programme they want to see from scheduled programming when it is already displayed prominently to be watched on VOD?