View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 13:19   #5215
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
If the programs you watch are quality, having advert breaks does not change that - albeit it is nicer not to have them.

As there will not be any linear to in your future world, companies will have to advertise on streaming - get used to it

Like them or not ads keep costs down, so not to have them means paying more!
Yes, well I and many others would rather pay more than have the things we watch ruined by advertisements that we have no choice but to view.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I don’t mind ads on commercial TV because that’s how the service is paid for. I hated them on Sky because not only was I paying for the service I was also being shown more ads per hour than is even allowed on public service TV. And I absolutely loathe anything unskippable on a DVD that I’ve just paid for.

I wouldn’t object to a relevant, static, side bar advert alongside my menu on Netflix or Prime but I wouldn’t be at all happy with any commercials playing before or during my programme.
I don't mind them on commercial TV simply because I can fast forward through them. You can't do that with the streamers.

Like you, I would not object if ads were introduced only on the menus.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A company without adverts as a part of their revenue stream is a company that will not surprise in the long run as adverts bring a lot of monetary value to a companies overall financial results at the end of each financial year.
And that's fine, provided there is a non-advert subscription option.