View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 19:04   #4616
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I agree with the views several have posted - streaming will be expensive unless you want a very limited spectrum of viewing.

currently I have Sky Sports and BT Sports which give me access to

premier league football
Championship football
Scottish league football
Champions league football
Europa League football
FA cup football
International Football
International Cricket
County cricket
International Rugby Union
Premiership Rugby Union
New Zealand Rugby Union
South African Rugby Union
Super League Rugby League
NRL Rugby League
Formula 1

Plus a lot of other sports I barely watch.

If all of these set up their own streaming I will be faced with the option of only being able to watch a limited subset of what I currently watch or paying many times my current subscriptions.

I base this on the cost of streaming, an example of which is NRL rugby league which costs over £20pm.

Whichever way you look at it the cost of Sky and BT sports packages are reasonable compared with what is inevitably going to come if we are to believe OB.
I did say that sport was in a different category, but we'll see how that pans out over time. For example, Sky and Virgin could offer various packages of streaming services at a discounted price, or maybe have wholesale deals in place such as with BT Sport.

It's early days yet and we will have to see what transpires, but each of these streaming services will only attract small audiences if they do not enter into arrangements with the big suppliers of content that benefit the punters.