View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018, 13:35   #4610
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Totally changing what you originally say it's a bit of a habit of yours.

You've told us Disney/Fox , HBO , Showtime , Starz plus others would all have their own streaming services and thus there content wouldn't be included on Sky.

You seem to tell us the traditional method of bundling isn't viable but are in favour of replacing it with bundling but on a streaming service.
Not quite, muppetman, you are twisting it!

HBO and Starz already have streaming services over here, but that doesn't prevent Sky from doing deals with such companies, either to have those services added to their own service or to do deals on individual programmes. HBO is a perfect example of this. However, I can see the nature of that relationship changing within the next decade.

I don't think bundling of channels itself is unviable, but I do think the drastic discounts the likes of Sky are making available is not sustainable in the long term. It's the lack of advertising revenue that will kill off the scheduled programming channels.