View Single Post
Old 30-12-2020, 10:28   #5472
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

I can't see an obvious solution to this.
Quote:
Brexit paperwork threatens Scotland’s luxury seafood business

Last week’s long-awaited Brexit deal spared UK seafood exporters from potentially crippling tariffs on shipments to the EU, but on the banks of Scotland’s scenic Loch Fyne, Jamie McMillan is hardly celebrating.

From Friday, new paperwork required because of Brexit threatens to throw a wrench into the finely tuned export logistics system that Mr McMillan, managing director of Lochfyne Langoustines, relies on to get his live langoustines and brown crabs to high-paying customers across Europe.

The need for export health certificates costing up to £95 for every consignment and the potential for border delays threatens the survival of the family business that employs 22 people around the Argyll village of Tarbert, Mr McMillan said.

“There’s been a deal, but it doesn’t matter . . . We are still going to be faced with health certificate costs, increased paperwork costs and possible delays at the border,” he said.

“I don’t know if I will be in business by the 14 January . . . we are on the brink.”
Elsewhere in the article:
- New procedures likely to increase costs by 20%
- Checks will add an hour to travel time to the crucial trading market of Boulogne-sur-Mer. This is on top of any unknown delays in the English channel
- UK is postponing health check on imports rom the EU for six months but recipocitry has not been negotiated despite pleas from 11 industry groups.
https://www.ft.com/content/f53b8b14-...f-14fde1e50865