View Single Post
Old 30-12-2020, 10:11   #5471
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

I recall having an "English" breakfast in Sydney some time ago. The waitress asked me how I enjoyed the breakfast; I replied first class except for the sausages. Upon her enquiry I replied that the sausages contained too much meat.
She duly replied calling me a "whinging Pom".

When I worked for 3 years in Poland, I brought a pack of British sausages in with me and served them up to my team together with milked tea ("herbata po Angielsku).
They loved it.

The French, who are quirky - they understand. The Germans are clueless about British gastronomic preferences having lost their past understanding of the British Kipper, preferring to process herring in a totally different way.

In Kaiserslautern in the Rhineland, the Kipper-Hof is the nearest I can find to the word "Kipper" in German gastronomy. Other than that, "Kipper" is an entiorely British affair. Smoked Herring in the EU doesn't taste a jot like Kippers.

But Kippers, being cured unlike the raw British sausage, no doubt can be exported to the EU as an example of British gastronomic elegance.

My advice is at your risk.