View Single Post
Old 31-03-2020, 10:18   #4999
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
I paused my SkySports and BT Sport subscription, and decided to buy an Amazon Fire 4K stick with the money saved. I placed an order for the firestick on the 27th at £49.99, it was delivered yesterday. Today on the Amazon site it's been reduced to £29.99, so I contacted them and asked them if they could offer me anything as a gesture of goodwill. Straight away they applied a refund of £19.99 to my debit card. I wish other companies were as obliging and easy to deal with.
I’m glad to hear they did that for you. I’ve always found their CS excellent (and I’ve had more than a few free Prime membership extensions in compensation for really rather minor issues).

However if you buy as much from them as our family does, you begin to spot the regular oscillations in price of their popular tech items, especially the Echo/Alexa enabled stuff. I’d never buy anything from that range at full price because it always goes on sale 2-3 times a year, often with up to 50% off.

I’m guessing your sports savings are enough to fund Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ for at least a couple of months. I’m happy to recommend all three of them. Apple TV, however (which I seem to have as a free bolt-on to my Apple Music student subscription) has thoroughly failed to excite, with the single exception of the alt-history Apollo moon landings drama, For All Mankind, which sadly stopped after about 10 episodes.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote