View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 17:58   #1045
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
All that would be the subject of a future agreement. The "deal" can only be about a transitional, unambiguously limited in time one. That is the legal position of the EU treaty.

Remaining in the Single Market/Customs Union is against any notion of Brexit. If the UK is to remain in Single market/Customs Union, then it should be explicitly said and debated, and decided upon. Not by a backdoor method. You have a vote on something that is supposed to end on Dec 31st 2020, when 3 little words actually extends things to eternity. Imagine that sort of thing in any form of contract. It would be declared invalid in no time at all. Would you sign a contract like that? One that is designed specifically to restrict you beyond the term of the contract.

Every single notion of the law and of contracts is being overridden in the name of Remain. Whatever happened to proper scrutiny? How is Parliament expected to debate and vote on a near 600 page document in the course of a few hours? That is why the law states that there should be a minimum of 21 sittings days of Parliament involved. Then there is meant to be lots of other stages involved.
Your whole post is entirely irrelevant to the point I made. I'm unsure of the link - grateful if you could address my post directly.