Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2022, 12:03   #22
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
I'm not suggesting being unkind to anyone.

My gripe is the majority of normal people virtue signalling pronouns (and describing themselves as cisgender in some cases) in their social media profiles, signatures etc and some companies encouraging it among staff.
People's reaction to it in my experience is largely generational. People joining organisations in their 20s think it's inclusive and a sign of a good employer, most are agnostic whilst those closer to retirement feel it's all stuff and nonsense.

I think the business logic is that it is seen as being more inclusive helping the organisation attract and retain the best customers and workforce. A lot of the organisations doing it are consultancies and accountancy firms who are ruthlessly commercial. They're focused on the bottom line, not on virtue signalling.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote