View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 08:55   #3
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Windows secury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Its not really bad but it can slow your computr down if not enough ram is had...

I used run Mcafee 8.0 (That ran the best on 98se) and it didnt really bog anything down and I only have 56.8Megs of physical Ram.....

I finally just duimped it because w/o it running things are even faster and I am tech savy and have stuff pretty locked down......

It depends on what you doing with your PC. If you browse 'normally' then windows 10/11's defender / security is basic but it'll be better than nothing. Then you can add the likes of Malwarebytes which is free, and other free to use virus scanning tools. There's some free firewalls you can try like ZoneAlarm (never tried it though).

If you browse dodgy sites, then best to beef up your security and use sandboxes, vpns, etc.

Last edited by peanut; 05-03-2024 at 09:25.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote