View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 16:21   #2329
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do you have any compassion for those who are seriously ill and debilitated who require state assistance?

Would you like to see the welfare state discontinued?
1) I'm providing FACTS. Strange concept to many it would seem.
2) Their grounds for eligibility are not as clear cut as they make them out to be.
3) So often in these cases any deterioration or new problems occur AFTER any assessment.

If the eligibility for fast track PIP is 6 months or less, then a prognosis of 12 months doesn't yet apply.
Also other time-related criteria apply.
Quote:
You must also have a health condition or disability where you:
  • have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for 3 months
  • expect these difficulties to continue for at least 9 months (unless you’re terminally ill with less than 6 months to live)
I've been dealing with my own IB/ESA/DLA/PIP related issues for some time. Even managing to get through a situation where DWP said no to ESA, Tribunal also said no. Reapplied for ESA, which has been made more difficult to do. In the meantime the Upper Tribunal eventually(after a year) agreed to a rehearing where the First Tier Tribunal said yes that time. Then the DWP said no to the 2nd ESA application, but the Tribunal said yes and even the DWP conceded at the hearing. There is a way of getting around the Tribunal refusal of ESA, having to claim JSA, but not having to look for jobs.

A few years ago, in addition to my prior medical conditions, I unknowingly suffered a pulmonary embolism(blood clot to the lung). That led to heart failure when I suffered another embolism to the other lung. Spent a few weeks in hospital, and then was virtually housebound for 3 months after that. Even that wouldn't have qualified me for ESA and PIP. Luckily I was already receiving ESA and DLA.

In your recent example the leg weakness would have been from lack of use. There are leg exercises that can be done even when recovering from open heart surgery. I know that, from the leaflet about the Pulmonary Endarterectomy operation I was told I might need to have at Papworth hospital.

All in all, been there, done that. I know something of the rules, how they're not correctly applied, and how they're meant to be applied. I've done my research.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote