View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 10:41   #53
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future
Re: 2018 price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'd understand the argument if it was possible for other providers to show the same content via their own channels, and so compete directly with what Sky Sports or Sky Cinema show.

But they can't, so there is a monopoly of content delivery (and not delivery platform) that has to be managed appropriately.
That's exactly how I see it, Ben, so I was very surprised to learn the regulations against Sky have ended, and purely because there are more providers these days.
Even with more providers, what is to stop Sky overcharging competitors to over-inflate their prices to make Sky look more attractive?
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote