View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 19:07   #2861
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

emailed Tom:

Hello Tom,

I noticed on your blog that you are deeply concerned about the news in the UK with regards to Phorm.

As Yahoo's foundations are laid in the search engine industry do you feel that Phorm are a direct competitor? If so, have you thought about approaching your superiors with regards to Yahoo implementing SSL versions of their search pages?

In the current climate this would be a welcomed move by Yahoo by their users; but would serve twofold in making it more difficult for the likes of Phorm to leech off the back of your service in order to line their own pockets. If they are unable to intercept data from Yahoo search requests using Deep Packet Inspection technologies because they are sent over SSL, it makes their business model less viable and in turn helps to secure Yahoo's market share.

This would be a prime time for Yahoo to announce such a service and would, I expect, receive significant coverage in the online press.

I have contacted friends who work for Microsoft and Google who will be discussing the same idea with their superiors. If the three main search engines could take a united stance on this issue it would send a clear and resounding message to the general public that you do value privacy.

Sincerely

Alexander Hanff