View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 07:16   #159
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I saw 'The Trial of the Chicago 7' today in a Curzon. A Netflix film getting a small theatical release. So there are some films coming out such as Nomanland but really the big budget films are obviously nowhere to be seen. I don't see how the massive multiplexes can survive without the Marvel and Bond films of this world.

What's sad is that cinemas seem quite safe to me. It's easy to keep wearing a mask, people can sit a few seats apart, everyone is facing foward and they aren't shouting at each other. It's a very controlled enviroment. Yet people who go to resturants, go shopping and go drinking feel unsafe in a cinema?
Netflix films get a limited theatrical release so they’re eligible for awards. It’s part of their marketing strategy rather than the business model per se. It doesn’t really matter to them whether many people actually see the films at a cinema - just that technically, their films aren’t passed over as “telemovie”.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote