Thread: VM Router Wireless adapter intermittent
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 03:09   #1
David H
cf.member

Services: Virgin XL TV, 100 meg broadband
David H is an unknown quantity at this point
Wireless adapter intermittent

I have had to move upstairs due to building work, and had to use a wireless adapter to go online as the ethernet is downstairs. It installed nicely second time with my usual password today, but drops every ten minutes or so and can either be diagnosed (slow way) where it says it's fixed a connection problem, or disabled and enabled (quick way) which usually works again.

I've rarely needed to use an adapter as most modern computers have wifi, but my relatively new Compaq never bothered to add it, I've got a super hub at 100 mbps (although at 70 it gave me 76 and appears to be around the same since), my other android devices never drop out using it simultaneously, so the likely culprit is the adapter. I got a good one which was 33% off, a tp-link AC600, and generated an error report I will email them as well. I turned off the power saving mode and now used up my options.

Am I unlucky or is there a solution to this? I'm currently spending half my computer time resetting the connection as I can only do half my tasks on Windows so have little choice sticking with it.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote