View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 22:24   #6001
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Sales tax receipts goes to the governments, not Netflix, how is that relevant here? Of course prices are different and its not straight forward. I already mentioned last week the new Indian mobile tier for a few dollars. Some tiers may be around $10, some under and some over, but I was roughly using your £8.99 as a base figure.

On debts, the banks recently gave Netflix another $2billion, so I don't see plug pulling anytime soon.

On your last point, agree. The tech giants have massive amounts of cash and can blow anyone out of the water if they so choose, but I would see Netflix probably getting acquired by one of them in the future, rather than them trying to compete head on with Netflix. I actually think that all the "old" media cos will get acquired by the big tech cos in the end because essentially they're all operating in the same space now.

Last edited by Horizon; 10-08-2019 at 22:27.