View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 08:49   #5
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: What's the Point of Sadiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The thing about Crossrail on Khan's watch is that he has tried (or so it seems) to hide the bad news. When people do that, they are usually hiding their own culpability. If it had been a blunder by Bojo, he'd have trumpeted that.

It doesn't have to a blunder from Johnson either. Crossrail is a massive project at least two levels removed from the Mayor's office (Mayor --> TFL --> Crossrail). The initial building work started in 2009. It's unlikely that everything was on time and on track until Khan arrived and then it misses a year. Especially since it's unclear what he possibly could have done to a project nearly completion to cause it. Especially since the funding, timetable, management structure, planning and companies involved where all decided long ago.

Some of the other stuff I think he is on the hook for. Although some of it has been happening for a while. I.E Police cuts have been happening since 2010. 9% police numbers have fallen by. Overall though he doesn't have any achievements to his name. The only good thing IMO is the single bus ticket fare thing.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

That said I don't understand why he is to blame for less public transport usage. It's not as if it's got expensive or less reliable. It's probably the rise of flexible working, uber and more cyclists.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote