View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 17:42   #1695
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
On the contrary - you are missing something. If it's that easy - why didn't they do it in the first round of bidding?

Sky/BT are selling products alongside - basic TV packages, landline, broadband, mobile which are all revenue generators and must have products that ensures they retain a significant market share. Products that millions of households are paying for month in, month out. So it's far from clean cut that Amazon could do the same, indeed their own business strategists appear to have doubted it for 2019-22.

I'm not convinced the 5% of households who can't yet get superfast broadband will make any difference. Indeed - we don't know how many of these could get the baseline for Amazon video through ADSL2+ or 3/4G.
It’s not really helping that you are not addressing my answers. I’ve already explained that Amazon is most likely to have been testing the waters this time around. This makes perfect sense. Why would they invest all that money without doing a trial run first?

I acknowledge what you have said about Sky’s additional services, but you haven’t commented on the fact that Amazon is essentially a retail business, so there is an opportunity there to link football subscriptions with sales and takeup of Amazon Prime.

As for broadband, is your comment actually admitting that the distribution of super-fast broadband actually has a way to go yet?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote